Jul 22, 2008

Footbal & Futbol, Pt. 2

SO, I know this is like a week late, but since it is related to the stuff in the paper that comes out tonight, well.....I don't feel so bad.

As I had mentioned last week, on Wednesday I spent pretty much the whole day shooting some kind of football or another.

In the morning I was at the Ilwaco High training camp at Camp Rilea army base. You can find the Friday Night Sights blog post HERE which has a link to the gallery of pix.

In the evening I shot the Liga Hispana soccer championship, which featured the Ocean Park team Atlas, which ended up winning in the final minutes, 3-2. I was pretty psyched because as the light was failing I decided to shoot wide with my 35mm f2 right next to the other teams goal, in hopes of getting something if Atlas scored up close. Well, I didn't have to wait long, as in five minutes they scored the winning goal right in front of me and I have two in the GALLERY HERE that worked out great from that position.

This week should be fun, as the Finnish American Folk Festival is this weekend, which includes the out of the ordinary sporting events the boot toss and the wife carry race — and yes, they are just as they sound. Plus, as a bonus it is rodeo weekend in Long Beach. Should be fun.

-DKM

No comments: