Aug 15, 2011

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to the unbelievable amount of people who have responded to the story and photos of Dale Ostrander that were first published here on my blog.
Nearly 50,000 people visited the blog in the last week after seeing the story and pix on a wide variety of television news broadcasts, Internet sites, radio programs, and countless newspapers worldwide. When I wrote to my friend Nan (who is the queen of Twitter IMO) last Monday night and told her to please get the word out on this incredible story, I never could have imagined the way it would seemingly capture the publics collective imagination and take off the way it did.
I especially want to thank the hundreds of people who have left comments, sent personal emails or have phoned me directly with some very kind words after seeing the photos and reading about Dale. They are flattering, humbling, and very much appreciated.

And now for an update. On Saturday the doctors told the family that he sees no reason why Dale would not be able to make a full recovery over time. Last night on the Prayers for Dale blog it was noted that Dale, with the help of a physical therapist, walked down the hall at the hospital. Lest we not forget, a week ago Sunday he was still in a coma. Amazing. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some time soon I may be given the opportunity to meet the family, and especially Dale.

Cheers,
-DKM

1 comment:

Elaine L. Bridge said...

I am late in writing to you, but was one of the 50,000 who visited your blog after my heart was so touched by your incredible shots. The one of the boys on their knees and faces before God on the beach simply tore me up. Paired with the other shot of the man carrying Dale out of the water, seemingly dead...it's an incredible testimony to what prayer can do. I printed both pictures out and pasted them in my journal, with these words written underneath them: "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him." (Psalm 91:15 NIV) Thank you for bringing this Scripture so vividly (back!) to life for me with your talent. I'm a huge fan.