Jan 12, 2008

Hail, hail the gangs all here

As those of you who live around here know, over the last couple weeks we've had an almost amazing amount of hail. It'll be a nice day, blue skies, sun out, and then, boom, a downpour of hail. The other night it hailed so hard that it coated the streets and houses white all night. So much so that it looked like it had snowed the next morning. Here's a pic from when I was driving back from Grays River the other night.
I don't usually take photos while I'm actually driving, but I guess I felt that since I was only going about 25 because I couldn't see, I thought, what the heck. Earlier that same day while walking back from shooting erosion in Ilwaco I got hit with another hail downpour about a 1/4 mile from my car. Heres the pic I made as soon as I got in and turned on the heater.

As I mentioned on a previous post, for the last few weeks I've been taking a different approach to shooting hoops, using wide lenses to get a different look and feel. Here are a couple more along those lines. The first is from last night's blowout win over Kalama by Ilwaco, the other ran in the paper two weeks ago, from another Lady Fishermen game. I like that one because it accomplishes what I'm really lookinjg for by shooting wide, giving a feel of the play coming right at you.


-DKM

No comments: