Feb 8, 2010

For 73 years, Valentine's day everyday.

This is the lead pic from a piece we're doing as the lead on the Life page this week. I've known the Hanner's for quite a few years and each of the last few February's I had thought about doing a Valentine's story about them as they have been married for more than 73 years — and quite happily I might add. They are really cool people.
This pic worked out on a lot of levels for me as I was hoping to get something sweet that showed the affection they still have for each other. Pete was a professional singer and jazz musician for much of his life and is still known for breaking into song at the drop of a hat. In this case he was singing a Valentine's song for his wife. I think it's particularly cute that she still gets a little shy or embarrassed when he sings to her like this, but during the tune she grabbed ahold of his hand, which he kissed prior to the last stanza. Amanda wrote a great story to go along with it, so hopefully you'll check that out too.

-DKM

No comments: