Sep 20, 2012

The wrap-up on the Round-Up



Here's to my crew from Pendleton last week.

"What we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case (thats me BTW), a princess, and a criminal. Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."

Eric Keto

Rachael Owen

Joe Tierney

Me (thanks to Rachael) and yeah, thats a Polaroid 600 around my neck


This may well sum up Round-Up week.

Pendleton by the numbers:
Days in eastern Oregon: 6
Most hours of sleep in a single night there: 6
Number of digital cameras taken: 2
Number of Polaroid cameras taken: 2
Number of hats worn: 4
Number of pictures taken: 6,469
Polaroids made: 33
Polaroids used in paper: 0
Number of "regular" pix that made the paper: 25 (I think)
Number of Coke's drank during week: 10
Number of Coke's drank since: 0
Number of beers drank: 2
Number of beers drank in previous year: 0
Hottest day: 89 degrees
Number of nose bleeds from heat & dust: 5
Slices of pizza after going 10 hours foodless: 6
Number of rides I got from Kathryn or Skip: 9 (Thank you!)
Days I drove myself to the rodeo: 1
Number of people I would now call my friends, met on trip: 5


Pano of me & Joe's room. In six days I probably spent a total of six or seven waking hours in there.

Here's some of the Polaroids taken while there






And last, but most importantly
I spent much of my day off yesterday putting together a photo essay I titled "out of the dust" from my time in Pendleton and have posted the gallery on my portfolio site. You can check it out HERE


-DKM

No comments: