Nov 2, 2007

Their best for last

Last night I shot Ilwaco's final game of the year, a district crossover match-up with Winlock, you can read about it here at the Friday Night Sights blog. This is a shot I got in the second half when ilwaco was up by like 40 points and a lot of their JV or non-starting players were getting some playing time. I've been experimenting with a slow shutter at football games usually in the second half of blow out games this year. This is easily one of my favorite football pix I've gotten so far this year. Here's a link to another I got earlier this season at a Naselle game.
Naselle finished in a three-way tie for the league football title and are seeded second for the playoffs starting next week. They await the winner of the Darrington-Seattle Lutheran game tonight and will be traveling to one of those schools either next Friday or Saturday. I'm hoping for Saturday, as that means they'll likely have a day game! Yes! Football in the daylight is a very good thing — even if you have to drive four hours to find it!

-DKM

No comments: