Feb 27, 2009

One in, one out

Last night I shot what will probably be my last basketball game of the year, as the Ilwaco girls team was eliminated from the district tournament in Kelso. The night before I was in the same gym shooting the Ilwaco boys as they earned a place in the state tournament (the only one of four local teams to go to state this year). However, since the state tournament is in Yakima I have a feeling that unless they make it to the end of the week I won't have any sports related road trips in my near future. Thankfully, spring sports begin their practices on Monday, which of course is great (no more Godawful gymnasiums....). It was cool to see the school that has been through so much this week to have something positive to cheer about. It was also nice to see the girls team pay tribute to their classmate with homemade pre-game T-shirts as a memorial.
Anywho, here's some pix I liked. If you wanna see the full galleries, check out the Observer Sports Blog









-DKM

No comments: