Aug 28, 2009

A fair night

Tonight I was up in Menlo to shoot stuff at the Pacific County Fair. Originally I was going to be shooting a feature on one of teh contestants of the Fair Queen pageant, but it didn't work out, but I figured I'd still check out the coronation, which I was told was tonight — only to find out when I got there that it was actually last night. Soooooo..... I spent a few hours just cruising around taking in the sights.

I took a bunch of pix of these dead dive bomber planes I kept finding on the ground
While checking out the elephant ear cooks I was sidetracked by the hypnotist who was performing on the mini stage. He had a large group of kids and adults "hypnotized" (ahem, not so sure...) and having them do funny things. At this point they were supposed to be laughing at "the funniest thing ever." Made for a good frame, even if they were just playing along.


Hit the midway, found our buddy Barack hanging out with Eminem, 50 Cent and what appears to be an Aztec God with a low rider...
This was a nice find to end the night, this family from Raymond who perform as the Merry Makers were playing some old timey tunes at the entrance to the foods building, right in front of the prize winning jellies and jams.


-DKM

No comments: