Aug 20, 2010

It's another pleasant valley Thursday


Right now (the end of summer and beginning of fall that is August thru Oct. here) has really become my favorite time of year. One of the things I look forward to each year is going to our tiny county fairs. They are beyond quaint in a very fine way in that they are simple and feel like an event from another time. Yesterday I spent a good part of the afternoon strolling around the Wahkiakum County Fair in Skamokawa and taking it all in. I have long had the feeling that fairs are aimed more at kids, but I think I'm starting to change my mind.
Said it before, say it again, I do love the valley.






And while I don't have a picture to share of him, it was very nice to run into my old pal Bill Wagner of the Longview Daily News there. I've known Bill for quite a while and always enjoy talking with him. He actually shared a story about the first time we met, which I didn't remember, from like 13 years ago at a baseball playoff game in Kalama when I was a young, antisocial punk kid. Wags had some very encouraging words that I am very appreciative for and hope its not another year before running into him somewhere again!

-DKM

No comments: