Feb 8, 2011

Big hoops week begins ... NOW


Well, actually started last week, but it gets bigger this week. Last week the IHS girls won their league title in dramatic fashion as Elleigh Kaino (above, center) hit the winning shot in the finals seconds to wrap up a share of the Trico League title. The NHS girls won their league outright.
Despite finishing third in their league, the IHS boys have a do or die game tonight at home. If they win they're in and advance to district. They lose and its all over. I'm scheduled to shoot each team (including the NHS boys who made it as the third seed in their league) once this week including three away games. This is always a pretty busy time each year with the tournaments going on. But at least I won't be shooting multiple games on my B-day like I usually do, as it falls on a Sunday this year.
Here's one from two weeks ago that never ended up anywhere, though I liked it a lot. This season has been the first in like 12 years that I have shot the whole hoops season without on-camera or remote flash lighting (thank the gods they finally updated the frakkin' lights at IHS). And while it was a little touch and go at times in the Naselle gym, I feel totally confident about how it went at IHS. I don't remember the ambient light values at these away gyms I'll be at this week (Montesano, WF West) but I hope it works out there too, as I really have a hit and miss record lighting gyms.

-DKM

No comments: