Sep 16, 2008

Gleaming the hill, SK8 R@ce


On Sunday me and Kenz headed over to Astoria to check out David Plechl's downhill skate race. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the streets of the hilly town, so innevitably we got lost. Once we found the hill where it was to begin I quickly realized that I had all of about a minute to get a pic as they were going to be heading down a very steep street going full-speed. Kenz and I ran down the hill a bit as skaters started to pass us. I had planned on following them in the car down the hill once they passed us, but they were going so damn fast that by the time we got to the car and started after them they were long gone. Needless to say my photo opportunities were pretty limited. I kinda went pretty wide on some of these as I wanted to show the idylic neighborhoods they were riding through. Not sure how well it all worked or not. Seemed like a pretty cool little event — at least the little bit I saw of it.....





After the race I made this dorky pic of downtown Astoria, kind of an ode to Plechl's photo project on his blog of doing unusual landscape shots of the town. The LNG sign was just too easy to pass up.

While we waited at the top of the hill prior to the race, Kenz got a little bored and started picking flowers, which she in turn offered to me. They ended up in my pocket.


-DKM

No comments: